Teacher of the Deaf – Permanent Full Time
Salary: MPS + SEN Allowance ( Allowance level dependent on qualification)
Manor Farm Way
Headteacher: Mrs Julie Sutton
Required from January 2020
Number on Roll 339
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, versatile and innovative practitioner to join our dedicated team of teachers and support staff. It would be preferable for you to be an experienced Teacher of the Deaf, however, training will be offered to a candidate who does not hold this qualification provided they have relevant experience with sign language skills and a real commitment to empowering pupils to achieve their full potential.
The successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching skills.
- Embrace and continue to uphold the caring, nurturing ethos of the school.
- Demonstrate real enthusiasm and commitment towards raising standards within a diverse school community.
- Be able to contribute to creative curriculum development.
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour management and communication skills.
- Support the school in improving standards in English and Mathematics
Visits to the school are welcome by arrangement, please contact the Head Teacher to arrange an appointment.
Please apply in writing if you wish to be considered for the position. Application packs are available from the school website at sunnyside.org.uk. Completed Applications must be returned for the attention of Julie Sutton – Headteacher
Closing date: Noon Thursday 14 November 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 27th November 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Application Form (Digital)
Application Form (Handwritten)
Leadership Professional Development Pathway Information